Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's A Fine Day

  


In a wisp, time had gone past you. The summer of youth is now but the wintery years. No internal fire to spur you on but imprisoned only by the external heat of a fire log. Where had I been? I remember not. So so long ago. What I could remember is like the whisper of a dream, beckoning you to return to the misty days of once upon a time.

This was how I felt before I was jolted awake and rescued from this evil spell by the song “It’s A Fine Day” by Opus III of the 90s. How many years had passed? Let me count… One, two, three, four … twenty! Wow! Can’t be wrong! I was a recent graduate then, looking for a job to satisfy the requirements of a green card. I am sitting in my office; on the 50th floor as I look through the humungous window before me. This window; my window to the outside world with wide expanse of a far away ocean scene. I could hardly make out the slither of that that beach. Still the radio song is blaring into my ears from my iPod.

The sun is shining warmly through the glass and I longed to be a bird and fly out of this concrete cage; surging through the blue sky and feel the warm wind kissing my face. I feel like leaving everything behind and return to the wild days of my youth. Too bad, the shackles had been cast solid to the ground. No longer can I free myself even if I wanted to. Too many responsibilities on my back and the sirenic comforts are hard to resist. Signs of old age must approaching. “Make hay while the sun shines.” Ha! I have plenty of hay now but where is that wide eyed boy I once knew? I must have left him far behind… Still lost in the woods! However the song is urging me to look for him.

Back to the current question. I know I cannot soar into the blue yonder with my human wings of imagination but surely I can get up from my ass right now; whizzed down into the underground garage; hopped into my open convertible before speeding off to the warm sands of that Pacific Ocean beach. Fat chance. Not at this time. The 4pm Los Angeles Traffic? Nah! Too much frazzle of the mind before reaching the shores after a grueling battle with the freeway jam dragon. Note to myself. Call in sick tomorrow and spend a day at the beach. After all, it’s Friday tomorrow! I can afford that.

Thump, thump goes the pulsating techno beat of the song. It is finally pumping the reheated blood back into my heart. As my body gyrates to its beat, I feel that my youth is returning once more. I am young again. I am superman! Please, please don’t let them come knocking on my door to break this spell. For an hour or so, let me be what I want to be… cocking my head to and fro; my long hair dancing in the air; swaying away my shoulders and my feet kicking under the desk. I type this essay to relive those days once more. Let me go back to my disco days of youth. Let my boodies shake. I want to burst out into a dance! My flight of imagination begins now. It will be at least for another hour or two before the office lights go out that I dare dance my way to my car, iPod securely to my side and earplugs snug in my ears… Pacific Ocean, here I come! Let the weekend begin by partying under the warmth of tomorrow.

Dear readers, you think I’m crazy. Yup. I’m. Need to be once in awhile. Let my hair down, so to speak. Let me behave like the Wild Man of Borneo. Let the endless repeated song of “It’s A Fine Day” be my elixir. Life is precious and short. Can’t be that staid and dowdy Jeff all the time. I’m on my way to find my long lost brother in the woods. Let’s party man! Let me dream and dance my way into the weekend or at least until I am expired from this sudden nova burst of energy.

Youth is awed by the experience of age.
The aged is mesmerized by the innocence of youth.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIPzyVlK60
http://www.last.fm/music/Opus+III/_/It's+a+Fine+Day

1 comment:

jeffy said...

Sunny From China
Speaks: Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning: English
Followers
76 Notebook entries
45 Notebook corrections
56
Sunny 6 day(s) ago
I like your passion of this essay. you are no longer looks like a computer software writer or that doctor of the MV that you have mentioned:)))) I think you enjoy your time of fly also. I am happy for you. Most likely, some of us listened many songs yesterday. At least I am . Yesterday, I browsed about 600 songs and found several nice. Good songs, I am really enjoy some of them.
ralph 6 day(s) ago
Jeff - I assumed you let your hair down all the time :))))
Jeff From United States
Speaks: English, Chinese (Cantonese)
Learning: Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), OtherFollowers
962 Notebook entries
139 Notebook corrections
3195
You 5 day(s) ago
@Sunny: Thanks... 人算不如天算.若有時間定会有下文! @Ralph: I've to pony tail up at work until 4ish when I let my hair down :)
Sunny From China
Speaks: Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning: English
Followers
76 Notebook entries
45 Notebook corrections
56
Sunny 5 day(s) ago
I am expecting for the continued...I am still expect the fifth picture of that bar.....
Sunny From China
Speaks: Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning: English
Followers
76 Notebook entries
45 Notebook corrections
56
Sunny 5 day(s) ago
What is 4ish, I guess it is 4pm. I can't find out it from my dictionary.
Jeff From United States
Speaks: English, Chinese (Cantonese)
Learning: Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), OtherFollowers
962 Notebook entries
139 Notebook corrections
3195
You 5 day(s) ago
@Sunny: 4ish means 4 something. It can mean anything. In this context, you are correct. It means the time of 4pm something. What 5th picture of the bar? There are none. I think this time the 下文 will be written in Chinese, something I wanted to do a long time.
Sunny 10 hour(s) ago
My mind is still at the Bar in Long Beach. Since the man picture you posted is so attractive, I guess the female waiter must be more attractive...You have implied in your essay " big ......"and so on...